The VCPD Regional Consortia are coordinated out of the Northern, Central, Piedmont, Western and Eastern regions.
The Regional Consortia are led by an organization or agency identified by each Consortium and could differ in each region. Team members include key leaders and decision-makers involved in early childhood PD starting with members/PD Providers from at least 6 of the following:
- Childcare Aware of Virginia (formerly VACCRRN)
- Early Head Start and Head Start
- Early Childhood Mental Health (Center for Social and Emotional Foundations for Early learning)
- Early Intervention-Part C of IDEA
- Department of Education: Early Childhood Special Education and Kindergarten
- Department of Health
- Department of Social Services
- Higher Education (2 & 4 year institutions)
- Home Visiting Consortium
- Infant Toddler Specialists Network
- Smart Beginnings
- Training & Technical Assistance Centers (T/TACs)
- Virginia Preschool Initiative
- Virginia Co-operative Extension
Each Consortium will be responsible for ensuring the use and coordination of existing PD resources within that region and to provide a forum for communication of the early childhood PD providers in their region. In addition, the Consortiums will collaborate to promote cross-sector distance learning opportunities with other regions to maximize use of resources and expertise across regions.
Consortia will be encouraged to collaborate with existing early childhood cross-sector initiatives to coordinate activities within their region (i.e. Smart Beginnings Coalitions, Head Start, Child Care Aware, and Local Interagency Coordinating Councils).
The following documents were distributed at the February 25th, 2013 kick off teleconference: