Early Impact Virginia is the alliance for family support and education in the home. Early Impact Virginia (EIV), formerly the Virginia Home Visiting Consortium, advances the delivery of high quality, efficient services that improve the health, social and educational outcomes for new and expecting parents, young children, and their families within safe homes and connected communities so that children grow up healthy and ready to learn.
Early Impact Virginia:
• GUIDES through coaching, professional development, and technical assistance for high quality services.
• LEADS in resource development, innovation, efficiency, and advocacy to sustain and expand high quality services.
• COLLABORATES and coordinates home-based services across public and private agencies for greater impact.
• FACILITATES RESEARCH through data collection, analysis, and evaluation for continuous improvement and growth.
Early Impact Virginia’s professional development system is designed to offer home visiting staff a clear path to the top of their profession. EIV utilizes a competency based, tiered professional development system to offer high quality training that promotes best practices, incorporates current research and is linked to Virginia’s evaluation outcomes.
Online trainings are available for free for all family support professionals through the EIV website. Classroom trainings are for home visiting staff members who are currently employed by one of the following Virginia home visiting programs:
3. Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE)
4. Early Head Start/Head Start Home based services
5. Healthy Families 6. Nurse-Family Partnership
7. Parents as Teachers
8. Part C Early Intervention
9. Project Link
10. Resource Mothers
11. Virginia Healthy Start